Dusslingen was first mentioned in the year 888 confirming the ownership of Dusslingen by King Arnulf to his Kaplan Otolf. The old name was “Tuzzilinga”. Near by the actual city there are found items during archaeological research, which are dated 3,000 before Jesus Christ.
Since the 13 century the history of Dusslingen is connected with the family of the Knight’s of Dusslingen, who carried the additional name “Herter” since 1288. Getting in financial trouble Dusslingen was sold in 1446/1447 to the Kingdom of Wuerttemberg by Jakob and Hans Herter.
In 1504 the Peter church was built. The location of Dusslingen at the former “Schweizer Strasse” (Swiss Street) caused also some serious problems. The city was hit by vandalism and occupation by the various troupes coming along the way.
During the 18th and 19th century the economic structure was based on farmers, craftsmen and day to day workers. Local enterprises had been mill construction and brewery companies .
This information is a summary taken from the homepage of Dusslingen under section “Historisches”.
Georg Kemmler from Ohmenhausen (born about 1620) was married 1640 in Dusslingen to Anna Hoss from Stockach.
The first son, Martin, was born in 1641 in Dusslingen.
The family settled in Stockach . Their son Georg Kemmler (born 1654) is one of the founder of the Kemmler dynastie in Wankheim
Last names of the emigrants
Dieter, Durr, Dürr (Duerr), Kemmler, Klett, Maier
Lutheran parish in Dusslingen
Pastor Matthias Adt
Phone: +49 70 72 23 72
The Lutheran parish records are available locally, but they are not accessible to the public. Copies of the books and registers have been microfilmed by the Wuerttembergische Evangelische Kirche. Copies of the mircofilms are also available from the Mormon church or Online via Ancestry.com, Myheritage.com or Archion.de.