Welcome to my genealogy website.
The focus of my research is the name Kemmler on the one hand but also the emigrants of my hometown area. Both aspects have been incorporated in this website to encourage information exchange.
How did it begin?
I have started my research in the end of 1999, when my son Florian had to produce a pedigree with 3 generations as a home work in school. We had to notice, that it was really difficult to name all the great-grandparents and further back, the information was only available partially.
What can you expect from this website?
- Nearly everything I know about the name Kemmler – where it came from, where it can be found and all different kind of Kemmler tidbits
- More about family names which are quite common in the Haerten area. You can access them via the category list in the left menu bar.
- information for specific cities with historical information, addresses of the administration and the parishes. Accessible via the category list in the left hand bar or the menu bar on top.
- A lot about the emigrants from the Haerten (complete list) and the neighbor cities (partially) and what happened to them in their new settlements
- Some tips for foreign researcher who are researching their ancestors in the Haerten and surrounding area
How can you access the information?
- Via the top bar menu – news gives you access to all posts
- The menu items listed on the left hand side like categories, tags or the archive (time based access) or the recent posts.
- The search in the top right corner
- Clicking on the flags on the left hand side you can change the language.
Enjoy reading the information provided. If you would get in contact with me please use the contact form.